At its forth edition, Ceau, Cinema! Festival from Timisoara, Romania, announces the call for entry to the international competition section dedicated to feature films: fiction, documentary or animation. The call is open for films from 2016 or 2017 from countries with traditional minorities from the Banat region.
Ceau, Cinema! Competition provides a setting for the cinematographic expression of the traditional minorities from the Banat region. Productions or co-productions from the following countries are accepted in competition: Armenia, Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Germany, Israel, Italy, the Czech Republic, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine, Hungary, the Republic of Moldova. In case of co-productions, we will only accept films with their main co-producer coming from a country listed above. The curator of the competition is the film critic Ionuț Mares.
To be eligible, the submitted films must meet the following criteria:
- To be feature films which were released (date of the premiere) after January 1st, 2016
- The accepted (screening) format is HD electronic file, DVD HD or Bluray
- The films will be presented in the original version with English subtitles. In case the film is selected, the distributor/producer must provide the organizers the film dialogue list, in a common format that MUST contain the film timecode (.srt, .stl, .sub, .ssa etc.). No .pdf or .xls files are accepted.
- There is no maximum time limit (but it must have at least 60 minutes) or other restrictions regarding the feature film genre. Fiction films, as well as non-fiction (documentary) and animations are admitted.
- The festival DOES NOT pay screening rights for the films entered in competition.
The producer or distributor who owns the screening rights of the film must fill in the online registration form, also available on ceaucinema.ro, and send it together with a screener/link to the film and the synopsis to email@example.com or send the hard copy of the film, together with the synopsis, to Pelicula Culturala Association’s address, 10-16 Take Ionescu St., Sc. A, 6th Floor, Ap. 20/A Timisoara 300070, Romania.
The fourth edition of the Ceau, Cinema! Festival will take place during July 20th-23rd
The deadline for submitting the films in competition is 1st of May 2017!
The Ceau, Cinema! Festival Award is established by three personalities from the cinematography industry and is endowed with 1,500 euro. The prize will be awarded to the film director. There will also be an Audience Award, in value of 500 euro, which will go to a film from the Competition section.
Similar to the previous edition, there will also be awarded the Vitas Trophy for Independent or Debut Film, in value of 1000 euro. Films from all sections of the festival are eligible for this award and the winner will be decided by Ceau, Cinema! team together with Vitas Romania.
The 2016 Grand Award was won by the croatian film „Life is a Trumpet”, directed by Antonio Nuić, while the Audience Award went to „These Daughters of Mine”, of the Polish director Kinga Debska.
Further details on the competition, the entry form and FAQ are available on www.ceaucinema.ro or through e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.